Investment Banking Associate / Analyst
B. Riley & Co. has immediate opportunities for Investment Banking Associate / Analyst positions in our Los Angeles office. Join us and work as an integral part of our Investment Banking team. As an Investment Banking Associate / Analyst, you will be expected to perform the following functions:
• Work as an integral part of the Investment Banking team to execute all aspects of the deal process
• Conduct financial analysis including comparable company analysis, comparable transaction analysis, DCF analysis, and merger consequence analysis.
• Perform strategic financial research
• Coordinate and prepare client presentations and/or transactions including complex modeling
• Support the banking team by helping to foster client relationships
• Participate in client meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies
• Only local applicants will be considered
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. - Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science) from a top 25 school
• For an Investment Banking Associate, MBA degree from a top 25 school is preferred
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and research skills
• Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
• Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Superb verbal, written and presentation skills, including ability to communicate with senior level management
• Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office software products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
• For an Investment Banking Associate, must have Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Series 79 or equivalent and 63 licenses
• Competitive base salary and discretionary bonuses
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• Paid time off
About B. Riley & Co.
B. Riley & Co., LLC is a leading investment bank which provides corporate finance, research, and sales & trading to corporate, institutional and high net worth clients. Investment banking services include initial and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements, and merger and acquisition advisory services. The firm is nationally recognized for its highly ranked proprietary equity research. B. Riley & Co., LLC is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, please visit www.brileyco.com.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: RILY) provides financial services through several subsidiaries, including: B. Riley & Co. LLC,; Great American Group, LLC, a leading provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, and commercial lending services; B. Riley Capital Management, LLC, a SEC registered investment advisor, which includes B. Riley Asset Management, a provider of investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management (formally MK Capital Advisors), a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm focused on the needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families; and Great American Capital Partners, LLC, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in New York and San Francisco as well as Europe. For more information on B. Riley Financial, Inc., please visit www.brileyfin.com.
Please click here to submit your cover letter and résumé.