B. Riley & Co. Acts as Joint Book-Running Manager on $80.5 Million Public Offering for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- Press Release
We are always looking for highly motivated, self-confident individuals with experience or strong interest in the financial markets to join our team of professionals. To be considered for future positions, submit your resume, references, and salary history to:
For Research: Ian Corydon
For Sales: Eric Rajewski
For Trading: Knut Grevle
B. Riley & Co has an immediate opening for an Associate Analyst in its Los Angeles headquarters. This position requires a minimum of 2 years in equity research, investment banking, or similar analyst role.
Under the supervision of a Senior Analyst, you will be asked to rapidly initiate and maintain coverage of 15 small cap equities. You will construct financial models and generate company specific research reports. You must be familiar with the fundamental research process and will be relied upon to perform your own due diligence drawing from SEC filings, press releases, industry reports, and meetings and/or conference calls with senior management (CEO/CFO) of public companies. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be expected to communicate investment ideas to institutional clients and our sales force. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual as successful Associate Analysts have potential to be promoted to Senior Analyst.
• Conduct fundamental analysis to develop investment ideas on public companies
• Build financial models and forecasts to assess health and growth prospects
• Conduct valuation exercises to derive price targets for equities
• Write and publish company initiation reports to support valuation and investment recommendations
• Stay abreast on coverage names/ industry and publish timely research updates
• Communicate investment recommendations to and field questions from internal sales force and institutional clients
• Research and prospect small cap equities for coverage
• Solicit meetings and build relationships with C-level executives
Required Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years of highly relevant experience, preferably in buy or sell-side equity research, investment banking, or similar analyst role
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
• Exceptional financial analysis and modeling skills, with a strong understanding of financial statements and common valuation techniques
• An ability to clearly and concisely articulate investment ideas verbally and in written reports
• A passion for investing/equity research and motivation to excel independently
• Ability and willingness to promptly obtain Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses
• Progress towards CFA charter; CFA level 3 candidate a plus
• Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses
About B. Riley & Co.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Costa Mesa, B. Riley is a FINRA member firm providing research and trading ideas to institutional clients (primarily hedge funds and mutual funds), and investment banking services to a wide range of middle-market private and public companies. Founded in 1997, the firm began by successfully targeting small capitalization California-based companies and has won a reputation for providing proprietary, unbiased and often contrarian equity research coverage of companies that are under-followed or misunderstood by Wall Street. B. Riley & Co. is a subsidiary of B. Riley Financial, Inc, a publicly traded (NASDAQ: RILY), diversified financial services company.