B. Riley & Co. Acts as Sole Underwriter in $24.6M Secondary Offering for Ooma, Inc. representing shares held by entities affiliated with Worldview Technology Partners
- Press Release
We are always looking for highly motivated, self-confident individuals with experience or strong interest in the financial markets to join our team of professionals. To be considered for future positions, submit your resume, references, and salary history to:
For Research: Ian Corydon
For Sales: Eric Rajewski
For Trading: Knut Grevle
B. Riley & Co. has immediate openings for Investment Banking Associate and Analyst positions in our Orange County office. Join us and work as an integral part of our Investment Banking team. Qualified candidates will be expected to perform the following functions:
• Work as an integral part of the Investment Banking team to execute all aspects of the deal process
• Conduct financial analysis including comparable company analysis, comparable transaction analysis, DCF analysis, and merger consequence analysis.
• Perform strategic financial research
• Coordinate and prepare client presentations and complex financial modeling
• Support the banking team by helping to foster client relationships
• Participate in client meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies
• Only local applicants will be considered
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. - Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science) from a top school
• For an Investment Banking Associate, MBA degree from a top school is preferred but not required
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and research skills
• Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and in team environments
• Able to operate in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Superb verbal, written and presentation skills, including ability to communicate with senior level management
• Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office software products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
• For an Investment Banking Associate, must have Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Series 79 or equivalent and 63 licenses
• Competitive base salary and discretionary bonuses
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• Paid time off
About B. Riley & Co.
B. Riley & Co., LLC is a leading investment bank which provides corporate finance, research, and sales & trading to corporate, institutional and high net worth clients. Investment banking services include initial and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements, and merger and acquisition advisory services. The firm is nationally recognized for its highly ranked proprietary equity research. B. Riley & Co., LLC is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, please visit www.brileyco.com.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: RILY) provides financial services through several subsidiaries, including: B. Riley & Co. LLC,; Great American Group, LLC, a leading provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, and commercial lending services; B. Riley Capital Management, LLC, a SEC registered investment advisor, which includes B. Riley Asset Management, a provider of investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management (formally MK Capital Advisors), a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm focused on the needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families; and Great American Capital Partners, LLC, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in New York and San Francisco as well as Europe. For more information on B. Riley Financial, Inc., please visit www.brileyfin.com.
Please click here to submit your cover letter and résumé.
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, this position ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Works with management to prepare and interpret financial reports and transactions.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA license preferred.
2. 2-3+ years of public accounting experience with a BIG4 Firm that demonstrates strong knowledge and application of GAAP and SOX procedures
3. Ability to perform a wide variety of routine and advanced accounting work while exercising considerable attention to detail.
4. Experience with ERP system; MAS500 / Oracle Financials system strongly preferred.
5. Proficiency with MS Office and intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
6. Must be a team player with excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
7. Individual should be deadline driven and possess ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff and management.
8. Requires ability to work overtime during the month-end close process and special projects as needed
1. Responsible for compilation and recording of journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analyses and timely preparation of month end close binders.
2. Perform income statement and balance sheet analytics.
3. Responsible for maintaining cash, fixed assets, prepaids, and inventory accounting processes and ensuring appropriate accounting recording and treatment.
4. Work closely with Accounts Payable to understand nature and account coding of expenses and impact to general ledger.
5. Communicate with internal business partners for month-end accruals
6. Key liaison for external and internal auditors during quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX 404 compliance work.
7. Reviews contracts, purchase orders, account coding and aging reports.