Great American Capital Partners and KKR Credit Advisors act as Joint Lead Arrangers for C$300 Million Term Loan to Sears Canada Inc.
- Press Release
We are always looking for highly motivated, self-confident individuals with experience or strong interest in the financial markets to join our team of professionals. To be considered for future positions, submit your resume, references, and salary history to:
For Research: Ian Corydon
For Sales: Eric Rajewski
For Trading: Knut Grevle
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, this position ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Works with management to prepare and interpret financial reports and transactions.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA license preferred.
2. 2-3+ years of public accounting experience with a BIG4 Firm that demonstrates strong knowledge and application of GAAP and SOX procedures
3. Ability to perform a wide variety of routine and advanced accounting work while exercising considerable attention to detail.
4. Experience with ERP system; MAS500 / Oracle Financials system strongly preferred.
5. Proficiency with MS Office and intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
6. Must be a team player with excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
7. Individual should be deadline driven and possess ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff and management.
8. Requires ability to work overtime during the month-end close process and special projects as needed
1. Responsible for compilation and recording of journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analyses and timely preparation of month end close binders.
2. Perform income statement and balance sheet analytics.
3. Responsible for maintaining cash, fixed assets, prepaids, and inventory accounting processes and ensuring appropriate accounting recording and treatment.
4. Work closely with Accounts Payable to understand nature and account coding of expenses and impact to general ledger.
5. Communicate with internal business partners for month-end accruals
6. Key liaison for external and internal auditors during quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX 404 compliance work.
7. Reviews contracts, purchase orders, account coding and aging reports.